Wednesday, September 29

Fantasy Revival

I don't know about anyone else in fantasy leagues but I have become obsessed. For the first time ever, I am playing in a fantasy football league and I think I have a problem. Everyday, whether I am playing or not, I take a look at the stats, the players, and the standings. It's ridiculous! This week I get to play my cousin, who haven't seen since his wedding in July, and he is already talking trash. But since he has endured the rains of 3 or 4 hurricanes he can talk all he wants. We will see how it turns out Sunday. Let the obsession continue.
On a more serious note, planned revival starts at my church next week. I am having a hard time with it since I don't think very many people in my church get what the purpose of revival is. They are bringing a former pastor of the church and a musician who grew up in the church to lead us. I am not opposed to home grown boys leading revival, but I do not understand why the names of these men are so important to the revival outcome. Many people have said that they will bring many in because of who they are. Maybe its me, but I thought the name that brought revival was the name of Jesus Christ and his alone. Revival is defined as a period of renewed interest in something or a highly emotional evangelistic meeting but we are missing the interest some and the evangelism part out right. Revival begins in the soul of each disciple of Christ and then spreads like fire to those around. It does not begin by naming the speaker and singer. I have been teaching on the disciples with my youth group and we recently discussed Peter. When Peter spoke in Acts 2, he was prompted by the Holy Spirit and the result was 3,000 people making a life commitment to Jesus Christ. One Sunday School teascher I had put it this way, "We don't need to be revived, we just need to live 'vived'."

Be "VIVED"!!!

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
John 11:25-26

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it Bill at FBC who used to say that all the time? Trying to remember. Praying for your church. Maybe you should be the one preaching the "revival" services. Just a thought. Love ya.